Re: #Bug 641344 - should it be reopened?

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 20:15:52 +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:

> Dear maintainers,

Maintainers? Here? Where? ;-)

> I still have significant slow reactions of X when I am using
> xserver-xorg- core-1.11-1-amd64 with nvidia-glx. This is pointing me to
> #Bug641344, which is already closed. Sadly I cannot see any improvement
> on my machine, although, I have to admit, it is now no more crashing.

opie: off by one in opiesu

You must be referring to another report :-)

> But rendering is still really slow, otherwise glxgears is giving me
> normal framerates (the usual fram,erates, I always got before).
>
> For me it is looking, as if there is a delay, when rendering has to be
> done, and then the rendering is working normal. So, closing windows, or
> using moving parts, is braking the system.
>
> I reverted back to xserver-xorg-core-1.10 (with all the necessary
> dependencies) and kde (I am using kde), is again running fluently as
> before.

(...)

Other users have experienced the same gain when reverting Xorg packages
to a lower version so just hold those until someone (xorg, nvidia...)
release a fix for this.

Debian BTS if plenty of merged reports for this same issue and other
distributions (Fedora, Ubuntu...) are also affected by this so it seems
to be a well-known problem and well-known problems are just a matter of
time to get solved.

In the mantime, keep a well-known workaround that works for you.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón