Re: package management help

Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
>~$ aptitude why apache2
>i   phpsysinfo Depends apache2 | httpd
>
>phpsysinfo seems to have a false dependency--appears the package
>maintainer assumes the only httpd server on earth is apache2...

This shows that the phpsysinfo dependency is also fulfilled by httpd,
which is also provided by lighttpd. I assume you installed phpsysinfo
before installing lighttpd, in which case aptitude/apt-get chooses
the first alternative.

>I'll wait until I get confirmation I can remove all of them, and the
>proper switches for doing so in one fell swoop. ;)  Along with
>instructions on how to remove this false dependency, or force my
>aptitude config to ignore it in the future.

Just try removing all the packages you dislike, i. e.
apache2-mpm-preford, -utils, .2-bin, .2-common and
libapache2-mod-php5.

Best regards,

Claudius
--
There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
		-- George Bernard Shaw