Re: the best note in debian

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 13:18:36 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 15:45:55 +0800, lina wrote:
>
> (lina, remember to disable html in your posts)
>
>> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:38 PM, lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Well.. I wanna ask what's the best note-taking package,
>>>
>>> some one small, can jot down at anytime,
>>>
>>> just like some notebook,
>
> For GNOME I know "stickynotes_applet", "Gnotes" and "Tomboy" but the
> last time I checked the latter required mono.
>
>> I just installed the gnote,
>>
>> How can I put it only in up panel,
>
> Right-click on that panel and add the application.
>
>> is it possible to let it not show in bottom panel, to make it less
>> distraction (just curious).
>
> Add it to the top panel and then remove it from the bottom.
>
>> Thanks, and if some note-taking package you think it's better than the
>> one gnote, feel free to let me know.
>
> As always, wikipedia has a nice comparison table:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_notetaking_software

Not in that list, nor in the Debian repositories AFAIK, but I really like
the old NoteCase. .deb files are available for download on Sourceforge
for i386 and x86_64. There are few dependencies.

My favoured version is 1.6.1 - old and unsupported, but it works
perfectly.

As always, there is plenty of choice.