Re: [OT] Re: Please kill the noise

On Sat, 08 Oct 2011 02:01:40 -0400 (EDT), Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> I've been trying like h3ll to avoid another response to this for obvious
> reasons.

I have too.  But it appears that I need to speak up on list.
(I've previously apologized to Stan off list.)  I hereby offer
my most humble apologies to those on this list who have been
annoyed by the unusually high volume of off-topic posts over
the last several days.  I am the one who started the original
off-topic thread of "British vs. American English", and I very
much regret doing so.  Had I anticipated the huge volume of
off-topic posts which would ensue, I would never have posted
in the first place.  I hope I have learned my lesson.  I will
think long and hard before making another off-topic post.

Now please, gentlemen, let's cease this rancor.  If you feel
you must attack someone, attack me.  I started this.  It's my
fault.  I value the contributions of all on this list, whether
they agree with me or not.  In fact, I have learned a great deal
from those with whom I do not agree.  Sometimes, they have even
caused me to re-evaluate my position.  Now, I appeal to you all,
let's get back to the business of helping each other instead
of attacking each other.  Peace, my friends.  Peace.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :