Re: pointer stuck at upper left corner

On 07/10/11 21:41, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Oct 2011, Brian wrote:
>
>>  sed in X. What the status of dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg is
>> these days I do not know but I thought it either wasn't needed or didn't
>> do anything useful.
>>
>> If you have /etc/X11/xorg.conf, move it out of the way and restart X or
>> reboot.
>
>   nowadays, dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg doesn't create any
>   xorg.conf, just the directory /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d
>   and yes, it was useless to run it.
>
>   I tried to play with an old xorg.conf file, but anything I do, including
>   removing the file, doesn't solve the problem.
>
> best regards,
Lack of an /etc/X11/xorg.conf shouldn't cause a problem... but udev
might not be picking one up (though I don't understand how a power
failure would kill that, but allow gpm to function).

What happens if you open a console and move your mouse after:-
# cat /dev/input/mouse0
??

And, have you checked /var/log/Xorg.0.log
$ cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -i mouse
??

Cheers