Re: pointer stuck at upper left corner

On Fri 07 Oct 2011 at 11:37:36 +0200, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Oct 2011, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
>
>> Can you try to create a new user and see if the mouse is working?
>
>   The problem is not related with any user's config, as it occurs,
>   as I said, at the login screen.
>   I also tried to start X without any Session manager,
>   by just running  startx from the root account: the problem is the same

Having the mouse working in a virtual terminal is another indication it
is not a hardware problem as the driver (gpm) is different from the one
used in X. What the status of dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg is
these days I do not know but I thought it either wasn't needed or didn't
do anything useful.

If you have /etc/X11/xorg.conf, move it out of the way and restart X or
reboot.