Re: pointer stuck at upper left corner

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011, Brian wrote:

 sed in X. What the status of dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg is
these days I do not know but I thought it either wasn't needed or didn't
do anything useful.

If you have /etc/X11/xorg.conf, move it out of the way and restart X or
reboot.

  nowadays, dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg doesn't create any
  xorg.conf, just the directory /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d
  and yes, it was useless to run it.

  I tried to play with an old xorg.conf file, but anything I do, including
  removing the file, doesn't solve the problem.

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel