Re: [slightly OT] anybody know the status of wiki.kernel.org?

On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 20:22:02 -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> I realize this list is for Debian, but I expect there are some kernel
> hackers here as well.
>
> What with the security breach of kernel.org, a month or so back, access
> to info about things like btrfs and xen in the kernal is hard to come by
> (at least wiki.kernel.org seems to be offline, as does
> btrfs.wiki.kernel.org).
>
> Anybody know the status of those sites, and/or if there are alternate
> places to go looking for information?

There is a recent (October 5th) update status note at their web page:

***
Site News

As noted previously, kernel.org suffered a security breach. Because of
this, we have taken the time to rearchitect the site in order to improve
our systems for developers and users of kernel.org. To this end, we would
like all developers who previously had access to kernel.org who wish to
continue to use it to host their git and static content, to follow the
instructions here.

Right now, www.kernel.org and git.kernel.org have been brought back
online. All developer git trees have been removed from git.kernel.org and
will be added back as the relevant developers regain access to the system.

Thanks to all for your patience and understanding during our outage and
please bear with us as we bring up the different kernel.org systems over
the next few weeks. We will be writing up a report on the incident in the
future.
***

So it seems there is still a delay for the rest of the services
(bugzilla.*, wiki.*, etc...) to be up and running again.

I've had to use github recently to get the kernel sources but I'm afraid
subdomains were not synced to there and most probably neither mirrored to
another external hosts.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón