Re: Still trying to reduce the size of /, now that I have the bit between my teeth....

Lisi:

> I still have two of the already suggested things to try, but meanwhile my /usr
> is 3.7G, and my /, of which it forms part, is 4.7G.  This seems slightly
> disproportionate.  How can I find out what is actually needed - or even,
> used - in /usr?

You can use dpigs (from debian-goodies) and popcon-largest-unused (from
popularity-contest) to find good candidates to remove.

BTW, depending on what you use your system for, 3.7GB for /usr doesn't
look like very much. My server's /usr uses 1.8GB, my laptop's /usr uses
6.6GB. Apart from /home (and possibly /var, again depending on your
usage pattern), /usr is usually tha largest directory.

J.
--
After the millenium I would tell lies only to those who deserved them.
[Agree]   [Disagree]