Re: which one: xfig, dia or inkscape

Wawrzek Niewodniczanski, 22.09.2011:
> On 09/20/11 18:33, abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> >Hi
> >every body,
> >until now, I used  xfig to draw   my figures and graphs,  but I am
> >not satisfied, specially when I want to no latin caracters or
> >formula (like in latex)
>
> AFAIR XFig was great for formulas and non-latin characters. I.e. see
> following link:
> http://epb.lbl.gov/xfig/drawing.html#text

I didn't notice it during a quick look at the above link, but you can
also use formulas written in latex notation as part of your xfig text.
You have to set one of the text options to "special."  Googling for
"xfig latex special" returns many hits, the first of which (for me) is

http://epb.lbl.gov/xfig/latex_and_xfig.html

The bottom of that page also describes how to use it with pdflatex.
(An issue brought up by another poster.)