Re: CD reader doesn't read audio CDs

On 18/09/11 05:24 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 13:03:05 -0400, Scurz wrote:

I've done all the researches I could to find a solution but the CD/DVD
reader doesn't read my audio CDs (but it reads data CDs) since a
while...
By googling around I've found some reports (even a bug¹ for Debian) for
similar issues but what worries me is this line:

So, I get this kind of errors :

   sr 0:0:0:0: [sr0]  Sense Key : Hardware Error [current]
(...)

Have you tried to connect another CD/DVD player? I mean, another device,
just to discard you're facing a hardware problem.

¹http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=583949

Greetings,

Thank you for your answer.

There's no issue in the bug report. They say "if you get this problem, open a new report". I'm gonna do it.

Unfortunately, I have no other cd/dvd player to try and this problem is on a laptop.

Thank you and I'll let you know if I manage to fix the errors with my bug report.

If somebody else or you have any ideas to update a package or a configuration file, let me know! Because I think I have tried everything.

Scurz