Re: CD reader doesn't read audio CDs

On 20/09/11 07:17, Scurz wrote:
> On 18/09/11 05:24 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 13:03:05 -0400, Scurz wrote:
>>
>>> I've done all the researches I could to find a solution but the CD/DVD
>>> reader doesn't read my audio CDs (but it reads data CDs) since a
>>> while...
>> By googling around I've found some reports (even a bug¹ for Debian) for
>> similar issues but what worries me is this line:
>>
>>> So, I get this kind of errors :
>>>
>>>    sr 0:0:0:0: [sr0]  Sense Key : Hardware Error [current]
>> (...)

<snipped>

> Scurz

I strongly suspect the "hardware problem" diagnosis is correct.

Try reseating the cable and/or replacing it.

Most likely (in my experience) it's a dying CD/DVD drive - unreadable
audio CDs, due to there more sensitive format are usually the first symptom.

Do you have problems reading the inner tracks of large data DVDs?

Cheers

--
"Always question authority, and demand the truth."
— Bill Hicks