Re: CD reader doesn't read audio CDs

On 2011-09-19, Scurz <sfantar@snurf.info> wrote:

> If somebody else or you have any ideas to update a package or a
> configuration file, let me know! Because I think I have tried everything.

I suffer from a similar problem to yours.  I can read audio CDs but not
data CDs.  DVDs I have yet to encounter a problem with.

I never did figure out, nor do I know of any way of figuring out,
whether it is a software or a hardware problem, though I would lean to
hardware.  That said, my suppositions from the height of my towering
ignorance are often wrong.

This is of no help to you, of course, except within the narrow framework of the
adage, "Misery loves company."