Re: lists.debian.org has received bounces from you

On 07/09/11 05:32 PM, Walter Hurry wrote:
On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 15:13:33 -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:

Frank McCormick wrote:
Debian Listmaster Team wrote:
For more information see http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ListMaster/FAQ

Does anyone know what this is all about ?  Never seen anything like
this before.

See the FAQ that was quoted for a full description.  The most likely
reason is that your system is bouncing email that came through the
mailing list.  That is most likely.  Especially since there has been a
number of spam messages slip through the mailing list filters recently.
If your system has been bouncing those back to the list then it would
account for your kick-score being above threshold for a notice.  The
notice is sent to you so that you will know that your system is doing
this.

//big snip//

This is all sensible advice, but it does not sound to me as though OP is
handling his own email; the address concerned is debianlist@videotron.ca
- videotron.ca appears to be an ISP/email provider, and I have a hunch
that the address is one of OP's own with that provider.

You're right - videotron.ca is my ISP..and debianlist is the address I use for...uhhh..the debian list :)
I emailed them today to complain..we'll see what happens...
Thanks for the advice...but there isn't much I can do. As I said it's the first time I have ever seen this warning.

--
Cheers
Frank