Re: Ugly appearence after upgrade

On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 18:20:08 +0000, Walter Hurry wrote:

(...)

>>> I am so happy with LXDE that I wish I had switched sooner, but until
>>> Fedora 15 came out I had been contented and familiar enough with
>>> GNOME2 not to make the effort to evaluate alternatives.
>>>
>>> All this is my personal experience, preference and opinion of course;
>>> it is for each to make his or her own choice.
>>
>> I'm a bit reluctant in changing to XFCE. I migrated from KDE4 to GNOME2
>> and now I feel very comfortable in this environment. Being like a
>> "nomad" is fine for young people that want to taste new experiences, I
>> prefer a quiet home :-)
>

> I'm slightly confused; I was discussing LXDE not XFCE.

Oops, sorry. As we were talking about GNOME I was thinking in XFCE that
is a project older thatn LXDE.

> Actually I did have a look at XFCE when I was looking for an
> alternative DE. My verdict was "OK I suppose, but a bit too much of a
> GNOME wannabe".

Well, I think both LXDE and XFCE are aimed to the same kind users and
will fit their requirements.

> But as I say, each to his own.
>
> By the way, being referred to as "young" is quite flattering; I am
> nearing retirement age.

The above sentence was not targeted to someone in special (and if it were
I was thinking in me :-D), it was just a "global thought". I also like
seeing things changing... every 10 years or so :-P

Greetings,

--
Camaleón