Re: Ugly appearence after upgrade

On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 20:25:03 +0000, Walter Hurry wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 17:19:46 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>>> Does anyone know how to solve this?
>>
>> I guess this is something related to the migration to GTK3 and GNOME3.
>> I'd say we have to be patient.
>
> Well, I don't wish to be patient. I ran into the GNOME3 monstrosity
> early, since I run Fedora as well as Debian. When Fedora 15 was released
> I looked at a few alternative DEs and shifted to LXDE, which I run on
> Squeeze too now. I am a *very* happy camper. LXDE suits me very well
> indeed; robust, flexible, straightforward to configure and lightning
> fast.
>
> I do run a few GNOME applications, but not many.

I neither like gnome-shell in its current state (I tested GNOME 3.0 in
openSUSE and did not feel good with it), but I hope it changes a lot when
wheezy comes out... and there is also the fallback mode.

But true is that I'd like so much Debian still provides GNOME2/metacity
in wheezy as an alternative to GNOME3/gnome-shell.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón