Re: Rescuing ancient laptops into emulation.

Hi Walter,

Walter Hurry wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > I would look at Virtual Box.  It is very easy to get going using it.
> >   http://www.virtualbox.org/
>
> Bob,
>
> Looking at the spec and age of the machine in question, one suspects that
> these are old DOS games. If that's the case, would not DosBox be a better
> bet than VirtualBox?

Please don't take my suggestion of VirtualBox as being a negative
review for DOSBox.  I hadn't read your suggestion at the time I wrote
mine.  I expect there will be other different suggestions from others
on the list with their favorites too.

I really don't know much about DOSBox and haven't used it previously.
Looking at it now it does seem very capable.  Looking through the
compatibility listings for DOSBox it does list many of my old
favorites listed as known working good.  I will have to give it a try.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Bob