Re: sources.list directory specification

On 04/09/11 17:11, Lisi wrote:
On Saturday 03 September 2011 10:35:53 Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 03/09/11 08:27, Lisi wrote:

So - you are just doing as I suggested. Being selective (except you were
doing it long before I suggested it, and I was only echoing the
documentation)

"Hidden" in my original post was this:-

Yes - though you might consider reading up on pinning.

;-p

Yes, I saw that - but I in my turn was obviously not making myself clear. ;-)

"Hidden" in my post was the point that I did nothing.  Debian did it without
my lifting a finger!  (Stars and emphasis added now.)

installed from there.  The marvellous ***Debian sets the pinning
appropriately __automatically__:***

/etc/apt/preferences

Package: * Pin: release a=lenny-backports Pin-Priority: 200

Lisi

Worse - I *did* read it....
It. Just. Did. Not. Sink. In.

Clearly you need longer nails and a bigger hammer to make the point sink in! ;-p
(mea culpa)

Just checked, Squeeze doesn't seem to auto-pin

Cheers

--
"I don't know how you deal with these winters - I don't get it. I was here last winter, one of the days I was here it was 3 below zero, no wind chill. A little nippy. It's kind of fun though in that weather, going outdoors and watching smokers pass out 'cause they don't know when they're done exhaling."
— Bill Hicks