Re: How to set up the portable hard drive

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Wolodja Wentland <babilen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 03, 2011 at 21:32 +0800, lina wrote:
>>   No primary partitions are marked bootable. DOS MBR cannot boot this.
>>  reboot to updateToggle bootable flag of the current partitione(8), kpartx(8) or
>>
>> if I just choose WRITE, it showed me above information in cfdisk interface.
>
> Don't worry about that. Bootloaders of some (old) operating system need/use
> this flag to figure out which partition they have to boot. It is not of any
> relevance for Linux and even more so if you do not plan to boot from it.

Thanks.

In the last couple of hours,

I did a partition use "disk utility" in Mac,
and then move to the linux, format the second partition into ext4.

/dev/sdb3 on /media/GoFlexMac type hfsplus (ro,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=udisks)
/dev/sdb5 on /media/GoFlexLinux type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=udisks)

Thanks again and have a nice weekend,