Re: Is it possible to use broken display laptop for print server?

If you're looking for something to do, go for it. If you want a print server that just works, go on eBay and get an old jetdirect server (or go off brand - belkin comes to mind) for <$20.

For your project, you'll need to figure out how to or get a installer that sends everything out the serial port (assuming you can't plug an external monitor up). Then, there's a printer and samba howto at tldp. I don't know your network setup but assuming a sane setup, you should be able to see everything and print just fine.