Re: Sun Java plugin invalid in Iceweasel? (sid)

On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 19:37 -0500, Todd Pytel wrote:
> After doing a rather lengthy sid upgrade (it's been a few months, at
> least), my Sun java plugin is no longer working in Iceweasel.

Aha... not so tricky after all. The problem is that the alternatives
system still points to the old plugin location at

instead of the new one at

Both files are present, but only the new style one works. I'm sure
someone better acquainted with Java can tell me why there's a
difference. In any event, I just bypassed alternatives by symlinking to
the correct file in ~/.mozilla/plugins. Presumably this will be fixed at
some point. If someone can confirm that I'm understanding the basic
situation correctly, I can file the bug report.