Re: Sun Java plugin invalid in Iceweasel? (sid)

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Todd Pytel <tppytel@sophrosune.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 19:21 -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
>> Please notice these combinations require experimental besides
>> unstable, :-)  And to make the dependency handling easier, I just use
>> aptitude in ncurses mode, since safe or full upgrades will mislead...
>
> I always use aptitude anyway, but your combination doesn't seem to be
> installable right now. I downloaded the squeeze version of xulrunner-1.9
> and that installed OK after including the old libmozjs2d. But then the
> openjdk JRE is looking for a newer icedtea-netx than is available
> anywhere. I forced it all in anyway and got Iceweasel to recognize the
> plugin, but then it doesn't actually work anywhere.
>
> I'm going to say this route leads to way too much package breakage for
> me to pursue any further at the moment. Hopefully there's a way to get
> the Sun version working properly.
>
> --Todd

Perhaps for later:

% ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
google.list  google-talkplugin.list  multimedia-unstable.list
official-experimental.list  official-unstable.list

% cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
deb http://dl.google.com/linux/deb stable main contrib non-free
deb http://dl.google.com/linux/talkplugin/deb stable main
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org unstable main non-free
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian experimental main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian experimental main contrib non-free
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

Sorry it didn't help, yeap I know there are some dependencies to
handle...  BTW, the http experimental and the ftp experimental repos
are not always in sync (most of the time I see packages in ftp not in
http)...

--
Javier.