Re: Fwd: Billion 7800N

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Andrew McGlashan <andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au> wrote:

I cannot believe this thread is still going -- it is way beyond funny now it's ludicrous to say the least!!!!

Your Ethernet device is broken and if it is not broken, then get someone else to fix this problem for you as you are only going around in circles and getting nowhere.

There is actually some progress and it might be resolved soon.  We have
no indication there is a hardware issue, but every indication networking
was not set up appropriately in Linux.  We finally got past the
assumptions that there is something wrong with the router
or that ppp daemon was required on the Linux notebook, and now
we are making progress.  Everyone had to learn the basics some way.