Re: System crash when swithing to text-console

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011, Camaleón wrote:
Then it can be royaly freezing (a soft kernel freeze) not just X. If you get no useful logs, you may need a second computer attached to one of the serial ports of your main system (the one that crashes) to catch something...

Or you can use 'netconsole' to capture the last few lines of the dying kernel. You need a second computer listening on a port on ethernet interface.

I had problems with i915 and this is what I did to find out the root cause of the problem.

V.

--
Money is the root of all evil, and man needs roots.