Fwd: Billion 7800N

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Heddle Weaver <weaver2world@gmail.com>
Date: 5 August 2011 11:50
Subject: Re: Billion 7800N
To: Gavin Elliot Jones <gavin@grassfield.co.uk>

On 4 August 2011 18:19, Gavin Elliot Jones <gavin@grassfield.co.uk> wrote:

> I also have a Billion 7800N and can access the web interface just fine.
> I use a mixture of Debian stable and Ubuntu 11.04 and it works without
> problem.
>
> The 7800N has 5 ethernet ports on the back, one of which is set up to be
> a cable WAN port (with the other four being ports on the gigabit
> switch). Perhaps you've connected your computer to that WAN port by
> mistake?

No,you're referring to the EWAN port which is for connection to a
modem for fibre access, etc.
I'm plugged into the 4th LAN port and have also tried the others in
order to eliminate the faulty port potential.

Did you get your modem installed onto an already established O.S. or
was it detected during the install procedure.
My /home is on an external expansion drive and I'm considering a
re-install if that detection procedure would pick it up.
I'm sure that once it had been detected, there'd be no further problems.
Thanks,

Weaver.
by the wise as false,
and by the rulers as useful.