Re: Billion 7800N

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 06:57:20AM +0100, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> It could be that it's relying on Windows-only drivers - though that's less likely these days.
>
> It's probably that the Web page is crafted for Internet Explorer with ActiveX or some Microsoft quirk.
> Borrow a laptop from a neighbour / your friendly computer dealer which runs Windows to install it and configure it
> and do firmware updates - thereafter you may be lucky and find that it "just works" under Linux.
>
> I suspect the problem is short sighted manufacturer and bad web interface ddesigners.
>
> Andy C

I also have a Billion 7800N and can access the web interface just fine.
I use a mixture of Debian stable and Ubuntu 11.04 and it works without
problem.

The 7800N has 5 ethernet ports on the back, one of which is set up to be
a cable WAN port (with the other four being ports on the gigabit
switch). Perhaps you've connected your computer to that WAN port by
mistake?

Gavin