Re: GDM3's prejudiced against a picture of me

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 16:12:13 +0100, Alan wrote in message
<[🔎] 4E3AB6CD.2050809@chandlerfamily.org.uk>:

> On 04/08/11 14:56, Camaleón wrote:
> > On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 08:13:39 +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:
>
> >> I always had a picture on my old computer.  When I got the new one
> >> I copied my entire "home" to the new account and it started
> >> "occasionally" working.
> >>
> >> I can't remember now = but I have a recollection that I then reset
> >> it in System/Preferences but I am not sure now - the only place I
> >> can see to do that is "About Me"
> >
> > Was the old account also using GDM3? Many changes have been done
> > from GDM to GDM3 :-? Also, recheck your "~/.face" directory,
> > selected image should be placed there.
>
> Yes I was using GDM3 in the old computer and GDM3 did not have any
> problem always displaying my face.

..which version gdm3 did you have on your old box, and which version
on your new box?  I ask because I'm offered 2.30.5-6squeeze3 and
2.30.5-6squeeze2 on my squeeze eeepc and 3.0.4-2 and 2.30.5-10 on
my sid+experimental laptop.   "Things may have changed."

> ~/.face is a file not a directory - its a png image of me that I am
> trying to display
>
> it is mode 644 owned (and group) by me.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: