Re: Encrypted LVM container spanning drives?

Brad Alexander:

> I've never successfully set this up. Is there a way to encrypt two (or more)
> drives on a machine, then span it with LVM?

Not (easily) in that order, but as Andrew suggested: just create a VG
with both disks as PVs, create an LV and encrypt that.

But be aware that you will not be able to access your data if only one
of the two disks dies. What you are doing is like running RAID-0 without
the performance benefit (at least with LVM's default settings).

J.
--
I can tell a Whopper[tm] from a BigMac[tm] and Coke[tm] from Pepsi[tm].
[Agree]   [Disagree]