Re: GDM3's prejudiced against a picture of me

On 02/08/11 11:43, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 22:12:07 +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:

I have specified that I would like a picture of me to be presented at
login.

What did you do?

I always had a picture on my old computer. When I got the new one I copied my entire "home" to the new account and it started "occasionally" working.

I can't remember now = but I have a recollection that I then reset it in System/Preferences but I am not sure now - the only place I can see to do that is "About Me"

I mean, how does your "/etc/gdm3/greeter.gconf-defaults" look like?

Nothing specific here

# Use a specific background
#/desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename	/usr/share/images/desktop-base/l
ogin-background.svg
#/desktop/gnome/background/picture_options	zoom

# Theming options
#/desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_theme		Clearlooks

# Greeter options
/apps/gdm/simple-greeter/logo_icon_name 	debian-swirl

# Play system beeps - especially the one when the greeter is ready
/desktop/gnome/sound/event_sounds		true

# Some other possible options
#/apps/gdm/simple-greeter/banner_message_enable		true
#/apps/gdm/simple-greeter/banner_message_text		Welcome
#/apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_restart_buttons	false
#/apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list		false

# The lower panel doesn't work with the compositor
/apps/metacity/general/compositing_manager		false

# Prevent the power management icon from showing up
/apps/gnome-power-manager/ui/icon_policy		never

GDM does occasionally decide to show it, but more often or not it
doesn't and I am represented by what looks like a white chess pawn.

Any ideas what is going on here.

Radmon fails in this specific matter looks to me like it could be a small
bug... is there anything useful in your "~/.xsession-errors" file?

Isn't it a bit late by this time. ~/.xsession-errors implies I have already logged in as me = whereas I am talking about before anyone logs in.

Not that there was anything useful in it anyway that I could see.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk