Re: GDM3's prejudiced against a picture of me

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 08:13:39 +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:

> On 02/08/11 11:43, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 22:12:07 +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:
>>
>>> I have specified that I would like a picture of me to be presented at
>>> login.
>>
>> What did you do?
>
> I always had a picture on my old computer.  When I got the new one I
> copied my entire "home" to the new account and it started "occasionally"
> working.
>
> I can't remember now = but I have a recollection that I then reset it in
> System/Preferences but I am not sure now - the only place I can see to
> do that is "About Me"

Was the old account also using GDM3? Many changes have been done from GDM
to GDM3 :-? Also, recheck your "~/.face" directory, selected image should
be placed there.

>> I mean, how does your "/etc/gdm3/greeter.gconf-defaults" look like?
>
> Nothing specific here

(...)

All seems right.

>> Radmon fails in this specific matter looks to me like it could be a
>> small bug... is there anything useful in your "~/.xsession-errors"
>> file?
>>

> Isn't it a bit late by this time. ~/.xsession-errors implies I have
> already logged in as me = whereas I am talking about before anyone logs
> in.

Any login error should go there, for instance, if the greeter cannot find
the image and loads a default one.

> Not that there was anything useful in it anyway that I could see.

If you were using a pre-made image try with one of the defaults and keep
an eye on the greeter to see how it behaves.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón