Re: how to examine ssh problem

 > (I actually have loads of these in my config file for all different
 > combinations of username and host - I also tend to make different key
 > pairs for each host which is why I am specifying an IdentityFile in
 > each.)

	Why?  The asymmetric cryptography employed by SSH is there
	precisely to /not/ have multiple “secrets” on the side of the
	party being authenticated.

	The authentication systems based on symmetric cryptography (say,
	Kerberos), indeed, require the authenticated party to have a
	distinct shared secret for each of the “authentication realms”
	(say, Kerberos realms) it belongs to

--
FSF associate member #7257