Re: How do I examine the video in iceweasle problem

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 22:34:12 +0800, lina wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:22 PM, lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

>>> Wait. "11.0.x" is a beta relase, use it *only* if you have a 64-bits
>>> Debian system... show us the output of "uname -r" just to be sure.
>>
>> uname -m
>> x86_64

Okay...

(...)

>>> To avoid any collision, you can unpack the tar.gz which contains a
>>> single file "libflashplayer.so" and drop this ".so" file under your
>>> iceweasel user's profile
>>> ("~/$HOME/.mozilla/firefox/[profile].default/plugins"), then load
>>> again the test page (http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/ about/) to
>>> check if the latest version is now displayed.
>>
>> can I make a directory plugins? there is none plugins directory but it
>> has extension dir.

Yes, you have to create that directory if there is none.

>> :~/.mozilla/firefox/3gbs90vf.default$ ls p permissions.sqlite
>> places.sqlite-journal  prefs.js places.sqlite          pluginreg.dat
>> lina@dove:~/.mozilla/firefox/3gbs90vf.default$ ls extensions
>> extensions/       extensions.cache  extensions.ini    extensions.rdf
>>
>> $ locate libflashplayer.so
>> /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so
>
> I replaced this one. it showed me
>
> You have version 11,0,1,60 installed
>
> on website.

Good. You have now the latest version. Regardless this can solve your
audio issue or not I would keep it because older versions expose your
system to security flaws.

> but the video still has sound problem. please kindly notice that during
> the first one more mins there is sound. and for some videos there is
> sound always. but for several other videos there have such problems.

(...)

So it works fine with some videos but fail with others... can you put a
sample link for both, working and non-working videos so we can test?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón