Re: How do I examine the video in iceweasle problem

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:05 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 21:02:47 +0800, lina wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> (...)
>
>>> "lsof" output looks right, I mean, there is no evidence of additional
>>> services making use of audio device that could be interferring.
>>>
>>> So let's back to the original problem, you lose sound when playing
>>> online videos (I guess they're flash based). Hum... do you have the
>>> latest Adobe flash player plugin installed?
>>>
>>> You can check it in this link:
>>>
>>> http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
>>>
>>> For 32-bits systems is 10.3.181.34
>>> For 64-bits systems is 11.0.1.60
>>
>> From the webpage, it showed me
>>
>> You have version 10,3,162,29 installed
>>
>> I downloaded the 11.0.1.60
>
> Wait. "11.0.x" is a beta relase, use it *only* if you have a 64-bits
> Debian system... show us the output of "uname -r" just to be sure.

uname -m
x86_64

>> namely
>> flashplayer11_b1_install_lin_64_071311.tar.gz
>>
>> then I don't know how to proceed further after untar it showed usr bin
>> share directory.
>>
>> P.S I have had
>>
>>  *** Opt contrib/ flashplugin- 1:2.8.3   installed.
>
> "contrib" repo does not seem to have an updated version of the plugin :-?
>
> To avoid any collision, you can unpack the tar.gz which contains a single
> file "libflashplayer.so" and drop this ".so" file under your iceweasel
> user's profile ("~/$HOME/.mozilla/firefox/[profile].default/plugins"),
> then load again the test page (http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/
> about/) to check if the latest version is now displayed.

can I make a directory plugins? there is none plugins directory but it
has extension dir.

:~/.mozilla/firefox/3gbs90vf.default$ ls p
permissions.sqlite     places.sqlite-journal  prefs.js
places.sqlite          pluginreg.dat
lina@dove:~/.mozilla/firefox/3gbs90vf.default$ ls extensions
extensions/       extensions.cache  extensions.ini    extensions.rdf

$ locate libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree/libflashplayer.so

or do I need substitute this one?