Re: Transfering large files (was: Unison hangs on copy)

Victor Munoz <vmunoz@macul.ciencias.uchile.cl> wrote:
>After I noticed unison had problems with this file, I took another
>file, about the same size, in other directory, and did the rsync and
>scp experiments with those files. So I don't think it is a problem
>with that particular file or disk sector. But I will check your other
>suggestions as soon as I can.

I have to admit I don’t fully understand your problem. From what I
read earlier in this thread, I assumed that only one particular file
was problematic, as you wrote:

| There are other large (and larger,
| 4 times larger, for instance) files in the replicas, but they are
| identical, and unison doesn't complain. Only with this file, which
| differs.

So the problem exists when you want to transfer large files of any
sort or place in your local filesystem over the network? Are both
computers located in the same network or do they connect via some
sort of WAN? If the latter, how do file/data transfers between the
computers in their respective LANs work out?

I would then strongly suggest using netcat or similiar tools and
maybe even wireshark to watch the connection.

Best regards,

Claudius
--
Suggest you just sit there and wait till life gets easier.
Please use GPG: ECB0C2C7 4A4C4046 446ADF86 C08112E5 D72CDBA4