Re: pppoeconf can't find new Verizon DSL modem

On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 14:53:46 -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 04:28:25PM +0530, Mahesh T Pai wrote:
>> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:
>>

>>  > Maybe you only need to set the new modem with the same parameters
>>  > (local IP address -or dhcp- settings, username/pass, etc...) of the
>>  > old one.
>> >
>>  > Also, review "pppoeconf" logs.
>>
>> That configures the "modem" as a router.
>
> I don't want to configure the modem as a router.  The man page for
> pppoeconf says it is just a user friendly program to set up pppoe.

Pppoeconf should have no problem to setup the dsl device. My guess is
that your firewall is the one making noise here.

(if you directly connect your computer to the modem and launch pppoeconf
it should work)

> My problem is that pppoeconf cannot find the access accumulator (the dsl
> modem).  The ppp-connect-errors log is full of "Waiting for PADQ packet"
> lines.

(...)

Put the full logs here so we can review it (omit any sensitive data).

Have you compared both DSL modems (the old one and the new)? Do they
share the same configuration?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón