Re: pppoeconf can't find new Verizon DSL modem

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

 > Maybe you only need to set the new modem with the same parameters (local
 > IP address -or dhcp- settings, username/pass, etc...) of the old one.
>
 > Also, review "pppoeconf" logs.

That configures the "modem" as a router. The public IP address is
acquired by the modem. (I would rather call this thingie a "device"
which can be used both as a modem and a router).

While I use this set up, I hate this to the extreme. My net security is
trusted to the unknown OS on the unknown device.

The OP wants to configure the device as "modem" proper. That way, the
public IP address is acquired by the machine running pppoe.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
Learn from the mistakes of others.