Re: Thanks and SOLVED was:Re: Daisy/MP3 player

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 20:50:53 +0100, Lisi wrote:

> On Friday 22 July 2011 18:59:03 Camaleón wrote:

>> > So what was the problem? :)
>>
>> Yep... what was the problem?
>
> PEBKAC.

Ouch! X-)

> I needed the device name and couldn't sort it out.  The tail command in
> dmesg gave me the device name.
>
> Unfortunately I still couldn't mount it.  I suspect more PEBKAC given
> the amount of sleep that I have had recently!

:-)

> I have solved the problem for now with a little lateral thinking.  I
> took the memory card out of the device and put it in a card reader.  I
> have now copied two more books (audio files of) for a very long train
> journey.

Simple things always work. Well done.

> Life was definitely easier when I could read actual books, but
> I do now have the advantage of being able to "read" and watch the
> scenery go by at the same time. :-)
>
> I'll come back to this when I get back next weekend.  Having once had it
> mounted, albeit by accident, I know it can be done.
>
> So any further ideas you have will be very gratefully received, but not
> acted on for 9 days!

Mmm, the SD card should be automatically mounted under "/media" folder.
If it does not, reading dmesg ("full" dmesg >:-P) should help, so when
you have the time, copy/paste the relevant log here so we can review it.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón