Re: How I can remove my folder icons in desktop screen?

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 05:34:04 +0200, Stanisław Findeisen wrote:

> On 2011-07-20 17:12, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:29:50 +0200, Stanisław Findeisen wrote:
>>> # This file is written by xdg-user-dirs-update # If you want to change
>>> or add directories, just edit the line you're # interested in. All
>>> local changes will be retained on the next run # Format is
>>> XDG_xxx_DIR="$HOME/yyy", where yyy is a shell-escaped #
>>> homedir-relative path, or XDG_xxx_DIR="/yyy", where /yyy is an #
>>> absolute path. No other format is supported. #
>>> XDG_DESKTOP_DIR="$HOME/Desktop"
>>> XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR="$HOME/tmp"
>>> XDG_TEMPLATES_DIR="$HOME/tmp"
>>> XDG_PUBLICSHARE_DIR="$HOME/tmp"
>>> XDG_DOCUMENTS_DIR="$HOME/tmp"
>>> XDG_MUSIC_DIR="$HOME/tmp"
>>> XDG_PICTURES_DIR="$HOME/tmp"
>>> XDG_VIDEOS_DIR="$HOME/tmp"
>>>
>>> and it seems to work (no icons, no dirs) however I don't know if it
>>> has any side effect or not.
>>
>> I hope not. It is intended for user customization. But does your user
>> have a "/tmp" folder? :-?
>
> You mean $HOME/tmp ? Yes.

Then it should be okay. That folder is not there by default, so I asked.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón