Re: How I can remove my folder icons in desktop screen?

On 2011-04-26 16:36, Camaleón wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 00:14:52 +0200, Jasper Noe wrote:
>
>>> Maybe you are searching for another key:
>>>
>>> /apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop [ ]
>>>
>>> If you toogle this "off" all your icons will vanish.
>>
>> I think it is still another key:
>>
>> /apps/nautilus/preferences/desktop_is_home_dir
>
> Well, I think with that option you are getting a different thing :-)
>
> - To graphically turn off your desktop icons (while they're still
> available via nautilus) one has to enable "/apps/nautilus/preferences/
> show_desktop"
>
> - To use your "$HOME" dir as the folder container to be displayed in your
> desktop (instead the default one located at "$HOME/Desktop"), you have to
> enable "/apps/nautilus/preferences/desktop_is_home_dir"

Hm, I just deleted all those funny dirs in my $HOME: Music, Pictures...
and Desktop. When I rebooted (or so) I found all my $HOME subdirs (well,
at least many) on the desktop.

How to disable that?

I disabled /apps/nautilus/preferences/desktop_is_home_dir and I
recreated $HOME/Desktop, and even rebooted, but it didn't help.

??

This is Debian Squeeze (and GNOME).

--
http://people.eisenbits.com/~stf/