Re: How I can remove my folder icons in desktop screen?

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 16:00:02 +0200
Steven <redalert.commander@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 22:35 +0900, J.Hwan.Kim wrote:
 Assuming gnome:
> start gconf-editor (start with terminal or the menu: Applications -
> System tools - Configuration editor)
> go to apps - nautilus - desktop
> There you can find check boxes to enable/disable some icons (network,
> computer, home directory and trash)

I would rather think setting

/apps/nautilus/preferences/desktop_is_home_dir

to false in gconf-editor would do it

"
If set to true, then Nautilus will use the user's home folder as the
desktop. If it is false, then it will use ~/Desktop as the desktop.
"

//Jacob Gaarde
//Dont reply to my (apparent) e-mail address. Instead Use
//e-mail : jgaarde <at> gmail <dot> com
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/jacobgaarde>