Re: How I can remove my folder icons in desktop screen?

On 2011-07-20, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

> I also wonder what all that pre-set folders are for.

Applications which follow the specification use these folders without
requiring the user to configure them manually. So firefox, for example,
will use the DOWNLOAD directory to save downloaded files. OpenOffice
will save new documents in DOCUMENTS, etc. Both applications can be
configured to use alternative locations.

> It should be nice to
> have a simple "switch" to turn them off/on.

See /etc/xdg/user-dirs.conf.

--
Liam O'Toole
Cork, Ireland