Re: Does IPv6 preclude use of a NAT gateway?

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 08:57:10PM +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
Well, I found it in https://www.sixxs.net/forum/?msg=setup-3668841:
I suggest you read the material you quote.... see the last comment?

Well, the last comment is quite new. When I read the thread the first time, this comment was not challenged. Five months have passed.

Note also the comment/query about Microsoft's IPv6 stack - which *does*
include IPSec (so does the GNU-Linux stack, which is better documented).

Well, I didn’t say that there is no IPSec for IPv6, only that IPSec is not mandatory anymore.

That was wrong, as I know now. At least in theory. Thanks for the link.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz             E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |