Re: mplayer and fvwm-crystal

William Hopkins <we.hopkins@gmail.com> writes:

> On 07/06/11 at 12:03pm, lee wrote:
>> William Hopkins <we.hopkins@gmail.com> writes:
> [...]
>> > mplayer is a command-line tool. If you wish to control it
>> Its window always had decorations when running it with KDE.
> Most window managers accept alt-rightclick for resizes, and
> alt-leftclick for
> moves (I am only suggesting as an interim solution)

Hey cool, I didn't know that.  It works with fvwm-crystal, too :)  Only
it's not very convenient because I'm using a trackball with my left
hand. Perhaps I can reconfigure fvwm2 to use the AltGr key instead.

>> So either there's some setting of fvwm-crystal that turns off the
>> decorations and which I couldn't find, or the default for mplayer is to
>> create a window that doesn't have decorations (if that is something the
>> application creating the window can decide).
> Check your .fvwm2rc for an mplayer entry, or the system-wide config
> file at
> /etc/X11/fvwm2/system.fvwm2rc

Yep, that was the first thing I did and didn't find anything.

>> Are you suggesting that the default for mplayers windows is not to have
>> decorations?
> I haven't run a 'decorations-setting' WM in years, sorry. My
> recollection has
> always been of mplayer without them.

IIUC, you mean the mplayer window comes up without decorations by
default.  So kwin must have added decorations forcefully.

html messages are obsolete