Re: Set up headless Bubba Two for firewall/gateway

Wed, 06 Jul 2011 11:56:07 +0200 keltezéssel lee azt írta:

> Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I have problem when try to browse or ping from my LAN behind the Bubba
>> the Internet, say the Google.
>> ping 192.168.10.1
>> is successfull, but
>> ping www.google.com
>> isn't:
>> ping: unknown host www.google.com
>
> You need to tell the clients on the LAN what to use for a nameserver.
> Are you using DHCP?

Yes, on my LAN clients I'm using dhcpclient and on the server I'm using
isc-dhcp-server.

Now I have figured out how to tell the clients on the LAN what to use for
a nameserver:
mcedit /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf

option domain-name "csanyi-pal.info";
option domain-name-servers 91.102.231.242, 91.102.231.241;

/etc/init.d/isc-dhcp-server restart

I was playing previously with bind9 installed on the Bubba serser but so
far without any success. But with this setup abowe I can now 'ping
www.google.com' from a LAN machine.

On my LAN machines I have installed resolvconf and network-manager debian
packages. So it seems that my problem is solved.

--
/home/csanyipal/.signature_for-newsgroups