Re: monitor detection maybe not working

On 07/02/2011 11:58 AM, Brian wrote:
On Sat 02 Jul 2011 at 11:01:52 -0700, Paul Scott wrote:

On 07/02/2011 07:40 AM, Brian wrote:
There is a direct connection between the monitor and the video
adapter?
AFAIK
It would be visually obvious.

But the card doesn't do 1280x1024 or 1024x768.
Why do you say that?  From my original post this hardware used to
work.
Do you see either of these resolutions in one of the mode lines?

Which is why I mused:

I wonder how trustworthy xresprobe is and what /var/log/Xorg.0.log
says.
I didn't mention that read-edid does not read my monitor info
correctly
You didn't post your /var/log/Xorg.0.log either, even though it has been
mentioned twice.

See my other post. Right now my Xorg.0.log is based on a temporary bad xorg.conf which is what I need just to answer this post. I will have to do some playing around to get a log for a relevant situation. The last time I looked at a relevant log it indicated that read-edid was not successfully detecting this monitor.

Thank,

Paul