Re: clamav 0.97.1 not coming to squeeze-updates ?

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 13:18:15 -0300, D G Teed wrote:

(please, avoid using html formatted e-mails)

> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

>> > I can only speculate about this, but I don't think this announcement
>> > is relevant any more. The document is from July 2009 and
>> > predicted/promised a squeeze release in early 2010. For that case
>> > only the authors promised that you could skip the squeeze release.
>> > What actually happened is that it took another whole year to release
>> > squeeze.
>>
>> Dunno, but I hope the comittment is stil valid.
>>

> On the wiki for Lenny, it says it is one year supported before EOL after
> a new stable comes out was the norm but this could change...
> <%20http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLenny#Debian.2BAC8-Lenny_Life_cycle>
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLenny#Debian.2BAC8-Lenny_Life_cycle
>
> That wiki was updated last on Feb 7, 2011.

***
(No official life cycle announced yet. Previous stable were targeted to
be released every 18 months, A distribution used to be discontinued 1
year after a new one is released... but things may change, see FAQ).
***

Anyway, wiki can be altered by anyone, I don't have it as a trusted
source for such important announcements :-)

> You cannot skip a version in upgrades, but of course you could in
> re-installs.  A debian version doesn't have to be upgraded a major
> version every year - it is more like once every 2 or 3 years depending
> on the release times.

I prefer installing from scratch, in-site upgrades is something I avoid
as much as I can :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón