Re: clamav 0.97.1 not coming to squeeze-updates ?

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 09:54:23 -0300, D G Teed wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I'm still with lenny (now oldstable) but I was even told that not all
>> security flaws reached votatile, just some, depending of the nature of
>> the flaw...
>>
>> And again, if this policy has recently changed is more than very
>> welcome, my clamav is also claiming for an update and oldstable is
>> still supported.
>>

> If you are running oldstable, I don't know where you'll find a current
> statement on what goes into volatile.

In that same announcement:

"(...) Lenny's Volatile suite might still get updates on a case-by-case
basis after the release of Squeeze as the next stable version."

> It is really a different repo than squeeze-updates.

AFAIK, it has only changed the name.

> The statement for squeeze-updates repo purpose makes it very clear it
> isn't for security:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-volatile-announce/2011/msg00000.html
>
> Quote:
>
>  * The update is urgent and not of a security nature.  Security updates
>    will continue to be pushed through the security archive.

The key point here is discerning if the update is "urgent" enough, and
that's what I was referring to :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón