Re: clamav 0.97.1 not coming to squeeze-updates ?

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:51:28 -0700, Freeman wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 03:46:32PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> > Note you don't need to use squeeze-updates, so we are opting into
>> > something which can be a little more bleeding edge.
>>
>> Please, note that we are not talking about clamav database updates but
>> the package itself. If the policy has changed, good and glad to know,
>> but to be sincere, I'm not aware of that and would be nice if someone
>> can point to it.
>>

> http://wiki.debian.org/StableUpdates
>
>  . . . This path will be used for updates which many users may wish to
>  install on their systems before the next point release is made, such as
>  updates to virus scanners and timezone data.  All packages from
>  squeeze-updates will be included in point releases.
>
> However I take it you are drawing a distinction between security and
> other updates. But would not that then concern debian-security rather
> than squeeze-updates?

I only know how this went for lenny.

Lenny shipped with a clamav version (0.94) different than the one
available at lenny's volatile repo (0.97) and AFAICT, this was how it
worked: volatile repo was aimed to get upgrades for a small set of
packages that changed from time to time (like clamav, SA or tzdata) but
this upgrades were in paralel from the ones coming from stable branch,
that is, you can be running lenny with either clamav packages (stock
ones, 0.94 or volatile, 0.97).

Indeed, I asked the same question here not much ago:

ClamAV update to 0.97

I'm still with lenny (now oldstable) but I was even told that not all
security flaws reached votatile, just some, depending of the nature of
the flaw...

And again, if this policy has recently changed is more than very welcome,
my clamav is also claiming for an update and oldstable is still supported.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón