Re: clamav 0.97.1 not coming to squeeze-updates ?

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 15:04:28 +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:

> Camaleón:

(...)

>>> Lenny will reach its EOL in January 2012.
>>
>> Hey, but that was not my understanding for lenny. I know that was how
>> it used to be but now aren't we based on a 2-year of release fixed
>> cycle? :-?
>>
>> http://www.debian.org/News/2009/20090729
>>
>> In that announcement it can be read:

(...)

> Interesting, I don't remember that at all.

Before installing a system, I carefully read what is the estimated/
foreseen EOL for it. It's a must for me because I have servers to
maintain and I can't go reinstalling every year.

> I can only speculate about this, but I don't think this announcement is
> relevant any more. The document is from July 2009 and predicted/promised
> a squeeze release in early 2010. For that case only the authors promised
> that you could skip the squeeze release. What actually happened is that
> it took another whole year to release squeeze.

Dunno, but I hope the comittment is stil valid.

>> I understand this is not the norm, but an exception for lenny in order
>> to accomodate to the new development cycle.
>
> … which didn't happen.

Again, dunno. I only know what I've read at Debian official
announcements. Seems to me that we (we → Debian) have to improve our
communication skills >:-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón