Re: No more GRUB legacy at install time since wheezy?

On Tue 28 Jun 2011 at 21:55:50 +0100, Lisi wrote:

> As I understand it, the argument is that Grub legacy should be available as
> part of the "expert" install process.

Yes, that's the proposition. But "expert" doesn't mean expert and
foisting some end-of-line, unsupported software on me for booting my
computer is not a responsible action.

And just to take the argument into uncharted territory (not very
seriously, I admit) but why can't apt-get and aptitude be offered as
alternatives on the installer? "Expert" install only, of course!

                                         A newbie would be better advised to
> stick to standard until sure of her/his ground.

You only install once. What do you have to be sure of?

> Most people will simply go for the defaults.

'Most people' don't fit the 'most people' category.